Trevor and Sons

unknown

Trevor & Sons (and later Trevor Brothers) were building contractors with offices in Wellington and Palmerston North. The business was established by James Trevor (c.1847-1915), a builder who emigrated from Yorkshire in c.1880. Trevor built a tunnel on the Manawatu railway, the Wellington City destructor, the Royal Oak Hotel, a warehouse for Messrs Levin & Co, a foundry for S Luke & Sons and the Wellington Harbour Board pumping station. As Trevor & Sons the company built a WCC “power-house”, a magistrate’s court, and Barrett’s Hotel, and opened a branch office in Palmerston North where it built the Post Office, the Grand and the Clarendon hotels, and the Municipal Opera House.  When James Trevor retired in 1911 the company was renamed as Trevor Brothers.  

 

Sources:
OBITUARY, Evening Post, 13 May 1915
OBITUARY, Dominion, 14 May 1915

 

Last updated: 27/08/2015 12:55:00 a.m.